Tony on the podium of the opening round of the MXGP 2018!

The 2018 MXGP World Championship has officially begun. In Patagonia, on the track of Villa La Angostura, Tony Cairoli has almost get the perfect weekend, starting the season with a great victory in the qualifying race on Saturday, which allowed him to be the first to choose the starting gate of the Sunday’s two heats. 


In the first moto TC222 started in front of everyone, recording the first hole-shot of the year, flying with his KTM 450 SX-F on Argentine volcanic ash to the first victory.


In the second moto the Sicilian took another hole-shot and a good margin on the pursuers, seeing the second win of the day fade only in the last laps when, struggling with some lapped riders, he lost speed, running into some mistakes. Determined not to waste the great weekend, Tony has slowed down, finishing second, securing the second step of the podium, equal points with the winner of the day. The KTM Red Bull Factory Racing Team rider returns to Europe second, on equal points, in the championship standings. Next round of the MXGP in fifteen days in the Netherlands for the Grand Prix of Europe, on the sand track of Valkenswaard.



Antonio Cairoli: “First of all I have to say that I’m really happy to be on the podium, we improved a lot from last year, when I was only seventh. This year we almost make it to the perfect weekend with the victory of both, the qualifying race and the first moto, but in the second moto, even if I had again a good start and a good gap, I didn’t get the final first place.



Unfortunately when I found some lapped riders, I changed some lines and I made a few mistakes, coming out of the berms a couple of times, so I slowed down a little bit and Jeffrey could close very quickly the gap. He was stronger than me at the end and in the last two, three laps I was too tired and I was making some mistake. But as I said I’m happy, my 450 SX-F is fantastic, KTM is working very well and it’s improving the bikes a lot and is really nice that we took 1-2 at the opening round or the year. I’m really looking forward for the continuing of the season that will be really interesting for the fans.”
Race 1
1-A.Cairoli 2-J.Herlings 3-C.Desalle 4-R.Febvre 5-J.Van Horebeek

Race 2
1-J.Herlings 2-A.Cairoli 3-C.Desalle 4-J.Van Horebeek- 5-R.Febvre

Grand Prix
1-J.Herlings 47p. 2-A.Cairoli 47p. 3-C.Desalle 40p. 4-J.Van Horebeek 34p. 5-R.Febvre 34p.

MXGP Standings
1-J.Herlings 47p. 2-A.Cairoli 47p. 3-C.Desalle 40p. 4-J.Van Horebeek 34p. 5-R.Febvre 34p

Next Race: 18/03/2018 MGXP Europe, Valkenswaard NED





Commenti

Post più popolari