Tony Cairoli record breaker in Qatar!

The 2017 season couldn't start better for the eight time World Champion Tony Cairoli. The Sicilian arrived in Qatar after a very positive pre season, winning the Internazionali d'Italia MX, preparing himself in the best way possible to battle for the longer ever MXGP season. Tony managed to be the faster rider since the beginning, being in both, free and timed practice yesterday, first, then he finished second in the qualifying race, saving some energy for the very demanding races on the Losail's track today. 


In race one, with his KTM 450 SX-F he took a stunning hole-shot, literally flying in the night under the artificial lights of the circuit, taking the first victory of the year. In second moto, the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team rider started well but had a contact with a rival and turned third at the first corner. Second after few meters, Cairoli followed the leader for 16 laps, then passed him, clinching the second victory for a superb 1-1 that gives him the first 50 points of the year. Now the circus of MXGP will move to Indonesia for the second round on the brand new venue of Pangkal Pinang.

 
 
Antonio Cairoli: “It was for sure a great weekend, it's my 14th season in the Motocross World Championship and I'm really happy about this goal, not many riders in past had such a long career and I was able to win at least every year a GP for 14 years in a row.


This year we had a good start, with some good pre seasonal races and no injuries, so I was able to make testing and riding as much as I needed and the bike made a really good step up. Only my health was not so good, because I came from Italy pretty sick with a flu and I had to take medicine trough the week. Anyway I really enjoyed racing on a track that was very technical, where I've managed to find some good lines, saving some energy and pushing till the end in both motos. In the first race I've took the hole-shot and I've raced on my rhythm till the end, in second moto I had another good start but then I went in contact with Tim and I was worried that something was wrong on my front wheel. After few laps I could see that everything was ok and I followed him but he was fast and he took some advantage in the middle race. At the end I found some good lines and I felt good on the bike, so I've pushed a little bit more and I've managed to pass him, winning also the second moto. I'm very happy with the results of course and with the good race we have done today, now we look forward to the next weekend in Indonesia."
Race 1
1-A.Cairoli 2-C.Desalle 3-T.Gajser 4-E.Bobryshev 5-J.Van Horebeek

Race 2
1-A.Cairoli 2-T.Gajser 3-R.Febvre 4-C.Desalle 5-G.Paulin

Grand Prix Overall
1-A.Cairoli 50p. 2-T.Gajser 42p. 3-C.Desalle 40p. 4-E.Bobryshev 32p. 5-R.Febvre 31p.

MXGP World Championship Standings
1-A.Cairoli 50p. 2-T.Gajser 42p. 3-C.Desalle 40p. 4-E.Bobryshev 32p. 5-R.Febvre 31p.


Commenti

Post più popolari