Difficult week end for Tony Cairoli in Charlotte

The seventeenth Grand Prix of the 2016 MXGP season was disputed on the track of Charlotte, built inside the speedway dirt track.






The heavy rain falls in the days before the race, obliged the organizers to revise the weekend program and all the activities scheduled on Friday have been cancelled to preserve the track that today appeared in top condition. The new venue, first of the two races in America, was held at the turn of the sunset, with a heat raced with daylight and one at night with artificial lighting. Antonio Cairoli, back from three consecutive podiums, arrived in North Carolina weakened by a flu attack, which forced him to run the two heats carefully, conditioned by the poor physical conditions. The KTM Red Bull Factory Racing Team rider brought his KTM 450SX-F to the finish line in thirteenth and fourteenth place respectively, in the two motos, scoring 15 points as well and consolidating the second place in the standing. Next race in seven days in California on the super fast track of Glen Helen.







Antonio Cairoli: “It as been a difficult week, since Monday after the Grand Prix in Assen I started having throat problems and fatigue, then flying to America I did not felt well. Upon my arrival in Charlotte I took drugs which unfortunately have not had the desired effect. Yesterday I realized that my conditions were more serious than expected and this morning I got on the track debilitated with slight fever. In the first free practice, things went well and I thought I could do it, but it did not happen. After a difficult qualifying round of practice, I had problems to get two good starts and that, on a track so fast did not helped me. In race one a crash made me loose some positions that I have not managed to recover, while in race two I just tried to get to the finish. I grate the teeth to end the moto and to make the most points possible and safeguard the second position in the standings, but the fever slowed me and I thought that I had to give up. Luckily I did it to the finish line and it is now important to try to recover during this week before the Grand Prix of Glen Helen. I want to congratulate Tim Gajser for having deservedly won the World MXGP 2016.”





Next Grand Prix: USA, Glen Helen CA 11/09/16
Race 1:
1-E.Tomac, 2-J.Barcia, 3-J.Van Horebeek, 4-T.Gajser 13-A.Cairoli
Race 2:
1_E.Tomac, 2-T.Gajser, 3-G.Coldenhoff, 4-E.Bobryshev, 14-A.Cairoli
Grand Prix:
1-E.Tomac 50p. 2-T.Gajser 40p. 3-J.Van Horebeek 36p. 4-G.Coldenhoff 35p. 14-A.Cairoli 15p.
World Championship Standings:
1-T.Gajser 693p. 2-A.Cairoli 603p. 3-M.Nagl 565p. 4-R.Febvre 549p. 5-E.Bobryshev 522p.

Commenti

Post più popolari