Third podium in a row for Tony Cairoli

Another positive result for the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team rider that went up on the second step of the podium in a race marked by very variable weather conditions on the sandy track of Assen in Holland. Always in evidence since the Saturday practice, Tony has left everyone stunned by winning the qualifying heats with an impressive speed, showing all his talent on the tricky artificial track, built inside the popular Cathedral of Speed.





In race one, after a sudden downpour that Sunday morning has radically changed the track conditions, Cairoli with his KTM 450SX-F, has scored the tenth hole-shot of the season, trying to pull away since the first corner. Reached and surpassed in the first round by fellow KTM rider Simpson, Tony has struggled more than expected to find a good rhythm on the difficult hurdles of the track, flooded by the rain. A crash let Antonio lose a couple of positions, relegating him in fourth position, from which he tried to attack for the third, occupied by the team mate Coldenhoff, until the last corner. 






Started second in the race two, Cairoli took immediately the lead, pulling away and keeping the first position till the finish line. The second place and the 43 points won today, allow Tony to shorten the distance from the head of the World Championship to 65 points with two races remaining. Next round of the MXGP in six days, with the two North American races of Charlotte and Glen Hellen. 






Antonio Cairoli: “I’m happy overall, in the first moto I could do it for sure a little bit better, but I’ve made some mistake and I crashed while I was second and then I lost two position and I wasn’t riding how I wanted but the track was really sketchy in some places. Second moto the track was a way better, more flowing, with less slow places and it was fitting better to me.






Anyway it’s good to be back on the podium and it’s also good for the Championship, even if it could be better of course. Today we gained some points and we will keep fighting till the end and we’ll see what will happen. I’m happy for the team also, because today we went both me and Glen on the podium but I’m a bit disappointed that I couldn’t win because I wanted to do it for my country and for all the people that are suffering after this horrible heart quake couples of days ago in Italy.”
Next Grand Prix: Americas, Charlotte NC 03/09/16
Race 1:
1-S.Simpson, 2-C.Desalle, 3-G.Coldenhoff, 4-A.Cairoli, 5-J.Van Horebeek
Race 2:
1-T.Gajser, 2-R.Febvre, 3-G.Coldenhoff, 4-E.Bobryshev, 5-A.Cairoli
Grand Prix:
1-C.Desalle 44p. 2-A.Cairoli 43p. 3-G.Coldenhoff 40p. 4-M.Nagl 33p. 5-J.Van Horebbek 31p.
World Championship Standings:
1-T.Gajser 653p. 2-A.Cairoli 588p. 3-M.Nagl 542p. 4-R.Febvre 422p. 5-E.Bobryshev 494p.

Commenti

Post più popolari